#8 - Surgery Update

Sarah did really well during her 6 hour surgery today. She remained very stable the whole time. The doctors fixed her broken nose and shouldn't have to do any more work there.

They were able to close about half of her belly incision. There will hopefully only be one more surgery on her belly incision to get it all the way closed.

They checked all the areas where they had to sew the pieces of bowel back together and they all looked great! Nothing is leaking and some areas are already starting to heal! Such great news!!!

Her leg wounds were cleaned out. Only a little bit of dead muscle was removed. The plastic surgery team was in there to make a plan for closing up her wounds. The plan is for surgery again Thursday or Friday to close the belly and check her leg wounds again.

We've been told she will also have her back surgery this week. Hopefully not too much longer and we will be done with surgeries.

We're so grateful for the outpouring of love and prayers for our dear sweet Sarah. Please keep them coming as we are still in the critical stage (more surgeries to come) of her journey. They are helping. We know it.

Comments

  1. Sending love and prayers. Sarah really is a strong fighter. 🤟

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending much love and prayer 🤟🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers and love 🤟🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this Sarah!!! #Sarahstrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, just thank you for sharing your faith. I'm so sorry for this journey Sarah and your family are on. But your faith has added to mine and we are fasting for Sarah. Prayers and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for keeping us up to date and sharing your experiences with us. Sarah is a beautiful human being. I also love Bears!! Sarah and her brothers and sisters are so amazing. I know you are all hurting. Prayers and Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah and family,
    I just heard your story through my brother. My heart goes out to you for the challenges you face together. Your bond as a family is a beautiful thing. My thoughts are with you and please post to the blog if anything is needed.
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing strong girl Sarah is!! Stay strong sweet girl!! You can do this! You have an awesome team pulling for you!! ❤️ Thank you for sharing all the updates for us to learn from her testimony and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, we don't even know you but as we have followed your progress, fasted and prayed and even cried for you, we have come to love and admire you!! I hope some day to meet you. Your "Sarah strong" has made me stronger Keep being strong sweet Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such amazing strength! Your bravery, courage, and patience during this trial has really touched me. Perhaps some day I can become as "Sarah strong". 🤟

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter, Savannah was a friend of Sarah’s during their time at Legacy Junior High. I am brought to tears as I read the blog updates and learn of the strength of your beautiful girl. Our family has suffered a different kind of tragedy. I can bear witness that our Savior, Jesus Christ picked me up and carried me as I felt I lacked the strength to carry on. He did the same for our whole family. He will do the same for Sarah and your family. Sarah and the whole Frei family are in my prayers.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah. I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. I read about your situation thru local news and FB. You have an amazing family and support base. You are a strong young woman and a fighter. I am sending prayers you will continue to heal and be blessed. And your family can remain strong and keep the faith. Jen C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sarah is told of her injuries

Sarah's Story

Sarah gets to see her family!